Faith and Inspiration!! Friendship and Resources!! Come and stay a while!!

Thursday, March 18, 2010

21 Days

A friend recently shared the sermon message at her church. The pastor challenged the congregation to consider how their lives might be different if they knew they only had 21 days to live. It made me think. What would change in my life if I knew I only had 21 days? Would I stop doing some things? Would I start doing other things? How would I relate to my family? Friends? Colleagues?

I've been mulling this over for a few days and here's what I've come up with: I would get up earlier and enjoy sunrises that I rarely see. I would stop and enjoy sunsets that I miss by being busy with other things. I would thank God for the many gifts He has given me. I would bless others with the money and possessions that I would no longer need. I would make sure my nephew knew that blowing bubbles is a simple thing that makes nearly everyone smile. And I would make rhubarb pie for my husband.

What about you? What would your 21 days look like?

No comments:

"As each has received a gift, employ it for one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace." 1 Peter 4:10